Monday, February 20, 2012

walk the line response ...draw3

Being a fan of performing arts I really enjoyed the work francis Alys. I admire the amount of work and effort put in. I enjoy that while he is occupying the space around the viewer he is also invading the viewers mind. ______________________________________________________ I also enjoyed the work of Janine Antoni. Performance work done for oneself is so rewarding. After viewing her performance and hearing her explanations I felt inspird in my own work. It also reminded me of the documentary 'Man on Wire'. And in doing my own walk the line peice I found myself thinking back to her work. ________________________________________________________ After reading the article about William Pope L. I had a similar opinion as to Francis Apts work. The amount of work and effort put in is admirable. I greatly enjoy the fact that invades the mind and space of the viewer. The article mentions the cameras altering the pedestrians reaction, however I feel though this is altered it is still successful. Although the viewer may gawk they still become inquisitive within their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment