Monday, March 26, 2012

Draw3 final

With a growing knowledge of my interest in space I find myself fascinated, lured, and overwhelmed by installations. The sense of space and engagement of the viewer entices me. Coupled with installations I find myself interested in mobiles and hanging sculptures which also create a great sense of space. With this awareness of great fascination I would like to create an installation of display and hanging sculpture. I would like to serve up little moments on plates resting on columns or boxes. Along with this display of moments I want to suspend some of my pieces or moments above the display. To add a sense of playfulness some of the suspended pieces will be slightly camouflaged by placing them in semi-transparent globes. In creating this piece I hope to be inspiring and stir feelings and emotions of my viewers such as happiness, curiosity, wonder, and playfulness. I would like to translate some of the things I feel while viewing an installation.

Inspirations/Research:
Fred Sandback
Surasi Kusolwong
Darren Bader

Alexander Calder
Felix Gonzalez- Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment