Monday, March 26, 2012

port...crit 2 ...External view...

I spoke with various people about my work and found them all helpful. The idea arose with almost every person I spoke with, including my past conversation with Russell, that I have a great attraction for space. This reinforced ideas that Russell had already leaned toward. This was helpful but I related to my conversation with Angela Varga. We discussed not only my work but some of hers which related. This not only gave me new ideas but also a lot of inspiration. Angela noted that my use of materials could expand and intertwine with other materials. She also suggested if I wanted more structure in my work I could use organic shapes to give the viewer an idea of something that already exists. Like picking shapes out of the clouds. Or even more concrete, simple, or complex shapes like a tree or a sphere. She also suggested working on a large scale to obscure the use of material with the shape and also play with my sense of space. This conversation was very helpful, but sent my mind in a thousand directions (which is not a bad thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment