Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Draw 3

During the past semester of drawing three i was faced with a series of challenges. These challenges forced me to think outside of the box and look a mark making in a whole new light. Among them some of my favorite solutions were: Making a mark with gravity. I got the crazy idea to belly flop in the swimming pool creating red marks on my body using gravity. I even surprised myself with that one. Another favorite was transparency. I attended class wearing fishnets and lace (transparent clothing). Overall I had fun with the challenges. even the less extreme ones like my sculpture balls out of fabric. I found the sewing and fabric challenges though still different they were very close which made the second one assigned (fabric) a little more difficult. I had fun with the cardboard creating small playful moments. The sandpaper i kind of hit a wall on but still appreciated my solutions. I found the tape one also fun and slightly out there. I wove cassette tape into a pouch and glued vhs tape to a shower cap creating a wig. These were more on the funny side. With water i shot my customers with a water gun while filming it. these performance style pieces opened myself up to a whole new aspect of art that i have not previously explored. Overall i found this course one of my most valuable in my degree because it not only opened my mind up to a whole new way of thinking about art but also introduced myself to a whole new area of my own art to pursue that i didn't realize existed. 
I was amazed with my drawing three final and what the semester had brought together for me. I am a huge fan of installations and this was a grand opportunity to experience that. I received a lot of positive feedback from this project. I put my work on plates along with cupcakes on plates. Next to this were more cupcakes for eating and i wasd touching base on the idea that art consumes an artists life. I wanted the viewer to have an opportunity to consume art while viewing art. if you look further down my blog you will see some of my inspirations for this project. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment